Industrial Hygienist Junior - 88239
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
· Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
· Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
· Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
· Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
· Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the Position
· With direction from senior staff perform and document:
o Contamination surveys
o Airborne surveys
o Other surveys as assigned
· Assist senior staff with compiling data for reports and audits as necessary
· Assist safety staff with field inspection and audits as directed
· Support the confined space entry program.
Principal Duties/Responsibilities of the Position
· Collect and analyze field samples/surveys.
· Document data and evaluate data with oversight from senior staff
· Ensure completed documentation is filed correctly In accordance with NASA an S3 requirements.
· Assist in investigations of accidents, new processes and Facility designs
Education and Experience Requirements
· Must have 1 year of experience, classroom and field experience can be combined to meet the 1 year requirement
· 5 years General Safety experience
· Strong knowledge of OSHA standards 1910 and 1926
· Advanced user of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Office…)
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
· Lift minimum of 30 pound load up from the ground frequently
· Walk six hours per day
· Bend and stoop six hours per day
· Work overhead with minimum 20 pound load
· Push and pull frequently throughout the day
· Walk up/down stairs frequently
· Stand seven hours per day
· Climb ladders and scaffolding
· Wear PPE gear six hours continuously (steel toe shoes, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves)
· Able to qualify to wear respiratory protection equipment
· Tolerate extreme cold/heat for three hours continuously
· Tolerate access to tight enclosed spaces
· Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Public Health
· A strong understanding of IH instrument theory
· CHST or OHST credentials
· OSHA 500 and 501credentials
· Understanding of ionizing, non-ionizing and LASER radiation
Primary location will be Stennis Space Center. This position will require supporting efforts at the Michoud Assembly Center, in Michoud, LA.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE, CHANGE OR AMEND JOB DESCRIPTIONS FROM TIME-TO-TIME TO CORRESPOND TO DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF THE POSITION.